I have been craving coconut for some reason, and this bread hit the spot!
I did modify this recipe slightly, so here is what I did.
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons sour milk (almost 4 tablespoons of the milk mixed with 1 teaspoon vinegar)
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2 handfuls chocolate chips
- 2 handfuls shredded coconut
- Glaze: mix 1/2 cup confectioners sugar and 1-2 teaspoons milk
- Heat oven to 350 Degrees F
- Mix butter, eggs, sour milk, mashed banana and vanilla in bowl.
- Add flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Stir ingredients together.
- Pour into greased and floured bread baking pan.
- Sprinkle 1 handful of chocolate chips and shredded coconut on batter in pan and swirl with a knife.
- Add remaining chocolate chips and another handful of coconut on top.
- Bake at 350 Degrees for 45-50 (tin pan) 50-55 (glass pan) minutes.
- When cool, drizzle with glaze (or if you’re in a hurry just do it while the bread is still hot).